Who doesn’t just LOVE Christmas? Band Aid a bit of Shaking Stevens and a mince pie is enough to get anyone in the mood right?? Ok maybe not everyone.
We love it though and like it or not guys its coming for you, so with that in mind we wanted to give you some reasons why you should visit Rochester this season and us at Wild Heart especially.
- Rochester has some hidden gems! You may have seen us promoting a brand new site called www.thecreamcollective.com. We are proud to be listed on Cream as its a site that promotes the best local independent retailers offering something unique and special and to get listed… you got to be recommended. Good news for us we were recommended to the Cream team and made the grade. Yay…but seriously take a look at the site and you will find some beautifully unique, quirky, quality traders are right on your door step so Christmas shopping could be a bit more exciting this year!
- Best food and drink for miles! Fancy afternoon tea with friends or family, a baby shower or a celebration after getting your wedding dress (hint hint) then pop into Fleur De The. A stunning shabby chic afternoon tea shop that does amazing cakes, a variety of teas, coffees and soft drinks but also sells literally everything you can see in there. The owners are lovely too so you will get great service in here.
image via cream – www.thecreamcollective.com
Spending the day here and need some dinner? Then GO TO TOPES! Its a Gin bar!! Is that enough? Modern contemporary menus for a 15th century building and with fresh local ingredients meaning the menu is always changing with the seasons so more reason to go back!
image via cream – www.thecreamcollective.com
4. Mince Pies and Hot Toddies for Dickensian Christmas at The Wild Heart. The Dickensian Christmas festival is Saturday 3rd and Sunday 4th December. It has such a great atmosphere and people travel from all over to come to Rochester that weekend. With all the mayhem outside we love watching the festivities from our window enjoying mulled wine and mince pies from our cosy boutique. So if your in town that weekend come and see us.. get warm and have a chat and a casual mince pie. Especially if you have a wedding coming up we just love to hear all about it and maybe take a look at some of our pieces.
(image from Mary Berry obvs)
5. Christmas Shopping! Have you started yet? So you may not realise but The Wild Heart doesn’t only sell wedding dresses and wedding accessories. We now stock Katie Loxton and Joma Jewellery. Our pieces are perfect for your girlfriends, sisters, mums or nans. Starting at £9.99 and all under £25.00 we just know you will love them all. Secret Santa sorted!
6. Treat yourself! Come take a look at our Florence shoes whilst your down here and treat yourself to an early Christmas present with the Jacko trainer or Sarah studded shoes.
7. Evening Wear. Going somewhere special over Christmas then come and see our Hayley Paige Occasion dresses. Lace, chiffon, low backs and tulle. Perfect for a Christmas black tie event we think!
7. Something for the Kids! Rochester has always got something going on for Children. The Fairies and Elves door trail is lovely for them to do and you get to browse the shops whilst they look. Looking for gifts for kids the we just have to recommend Mini Mi. Absolutely lovely pieces, you will find it hard walking out without something.
Image via Cream – www.thecreamcollective.com
8. Book in for the new year. Why not plan for the new year. With miserable January just around the corner wouldn’t it be great to have your first bridal fitting appointment with afternoon tea to look forward to? Or maybe you are a bridesmaid and want to treat a bride to be friend? Pop in and book a VIP appointment with us for January. Who knows you may even find the one here! (we hope so)
9. Become a Historian for the day?! I know we big up Rochester a lot but we live here and we love it and we have a castle and a cathedral and we think that’s a pretty big deal. Visit these places, they are beautiful and on your door step!
10. Finally, just come in and see us. Come and see the bridal shop in Kent doing something a little different. Whether you are a bride to be or a local supplier looking to network we would love to see you! We will talk Christmas, New Year make things happen round here!
See you soon.
Big shout to Cream for some wonderful photos and for recommending the best suppliers we have locally.